Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, June 21, 2008

a lil update and prayers needed


We found out that I'm pregnant early this week. We searched for a hospital with english speaking doctors and found one at St. Luke's International. They performed a series of blood tests as well as an ultrasound. During the ultrasound, the doctor said she cannot see the gestational sac but the ovaries are okay. So they still cannot determine how old our baby is and she asked us to go back on Monday for another test to see if the hormone levels (HCG) are still increasing. She said there are 3 possibilities for now: normal pregnancy, ectopic and miscarriage.

I was then asked to see the internal med doctor to look at my blood sugar. The endocrinologist said that my blood sugar is sooo high (around 314, normal is around 100) and that the HBA1C is more than 10% (normal is 4). So she told us that if the baby is indeed 4 to 5 weeks old, there is a very high risk of malformation or abnormalities in the baby's organs. This was repeated by our OBGYN showing us a chart that there is more than a 20% chance that the baby will suffer from the effects of the mother's high blood sugar. The internal med doctor said that she cannot allow me to have this baby so she recommended that we terminate the pregnancy. She already gave me insulin (Novo-rapid Flexpen) to take 3 times a day.

Please bear with me if I haven't been active lately. This is kinda hard for our lil family. I'm asking for prayers and hoping for a miracle that I may continue my pregnancy and that the baby is not affected much.

Has anyone here encountered the same situation as mine?

Thanks for listening!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers beth!

Saturday, June 21, 2008 12:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Beth! I can just imagine how hard this is for you and your family right! I'm really hoping that your pregnancy will push through and that the baby will be alright. Will include you in my preayers! (((hugs)))

Saturday, June 21, 2008 1:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi sis! nasad naman ako sa news mo...my family will be praying for you and the baby... dont worry too much, basta pray lang ke papa jesus and nothing is impossible.. think positive always para maging ok ang lahat... i love you sis! god bless you!

Saturday, June 21, 2008 3:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers and thoughts for you and your family. Hubby told me about this last night but wasn't sure the further details. God is good and he knows what's best for us.

Take Care!

Saturday, June 21, 2008 6:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh beth, i'll keep you and your little unborn baby in my thoughts and prayers! this is such a hard situation to deal with and i feel with you (((hugs)))

love
-eVa-

Sunday, June 22, 2008 12:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, i will also keep you in my prayers and thoughts! please let us know! Lots of hugs!

Sunday, June 22, 2008 4:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Beth, this is so hard!! I'm really hoping that your pregnancy will continue and your baby´ll be health. I send you my prayers.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 8:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, I couldn't believe what I was reading about you & your family. I can't imagine how difficult this must be. I will keep you in my prayers. Trust in Him.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 1:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi sis! im glad that your havin another baby but sad with the situation that u have to go through...will be praying for you and the baby. hope all goes well. miss & love you sis! take care!*hugs*
God bless...

Monday, June 23, 2008 11:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love you baby :) with God's good grace we'll get through this and everything will turn out fine. Just focus on your health and all else will follow. I am here to support you 1 gazillion percent! mwah

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 4:52:00 PM  
Blogger Decomom said...

Oh Beth - you are in my prayers and thoughts! I am sending you hope and strength. Love, Melinda

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home