Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Baby @ 12 weeks



My baby has hit the 2-inch mark (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce. Her/his face is beginning to look more human. Her/his eyes, which started out on the sides of her/his head, have moved closer together on her/his face, and ears are near their final positions on the sides of her/his head. My baby's intestines, which have grown so rapidly that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into her/his abdominal cavity about now. Her/his kidneys are secreting urine into her/his bladder. Her/his nerve cells have been multiplying rapidly, and synapses (neurological pathways in the brain) are forming. My baby may have acquired more reflexes by now, including sucking, and he/she'll even squirm if I prod my abdomen, though I still won't be able to feel her/his movement for several weeks.
Everthing's ok with our baby according to our OB, my amniotic fluid is normal. We'll celebrate this evening, I want seafood!